What to Expect
What to expect:
Learn more about what to expect if you’re getting tested for COVID-19.
Asymptomatic testing is only available to individuals who are part the following groups, established by the province:
- Residents or workers in long-term care home
- Visitors to a long-term care home
- Residents or workers in homeless shelter
- International students that have passed their 14-day quarantine period
- Farm workers
Please note that patients that are seeking a COVID-19 test as a requirement from their employer to return to work are NOT eligible for a publicly funded COVID-19 test. Individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, who have travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days or been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19, MUST be referred for testing at an assessment centre by calling Public Health or visiting https://covid-19.ontario.ca/assessment-centre-locations.
- After confirming your eligibility over the phone, your Pharmacist will ask you to come to the pharmacy to complete a screening assessment and test. During the test, the Pharmacist will collect a nasal swab and send it to a diagnostic lab for analysis.
- Swab testing indicates whether a person is infected with the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 at the time that the sample is collected. There are currently no tests that confirm immunity to the coronavirus.
- You will be contacted by the Pharmacy that conducted your test, if your test is positive.
- Patients with a green and white health card may also check their results by visiting the provincial online COVID-19 Test Results portal.
Please contact Glen Cade Pharmacy to arrange a test at 416-622-2111